Mechanical and electrical qualifications according to different standards ensure to our our customers the mastery and quality of their connections.
The mechanical tests depend of the strength of the terminal.
Even if the vibration tests are concerned by mechanical tests, they mainly are depending of external tensil strength crimping process.
The application environment force theses constraints.
The mechanical strength :
The destructive test can valid the process (Jaws and crimping tool)
There are different standards of tensile test according to the crimping standards.
The requirements and the acceptance criteria are different between the standards.
The tensile strength is inversely proportional to the electric contact resistance.
- If the crimping is not enough, the whole wires are not connected, and the resistance increase
- On the opposite side an over crimping reduce the cross section too much and the resistance increase also.
If these correlations are necessary, they are not sufficient to qualify a good connection.
Optical measurement tools allow visualization of the qualification results.
Analysis wire Ø minus 0.01 mm
The terminal will be cut and polishing.
- Unenamalling Control
- Mesure of the terminal cross section after crimping.
- Mesure of the cable cross section
- Control of the fill factor after crimping.
- Control of symmetrical deformations.
- Control of cutting wire
Electrical and mechanical qualification is the best way to validate the quality of your connections.
The necessary electrical qualification ensure :
- To control the evolution of the electrical connection with different constraints due to the application.
- These tests simulate the thermic constraints cycles on a terminal to show the evolution of the electrical resistance on the contact between the litz cable and the terminal.
- The more important constraint is due to the heating cycle is the dimension change between the cable and the lug.
- It is this change (expansion) which is responsable of the chemical oxydation on the constriction parts.
The increase of temperature also increase the speed of the oxydation.